We always hear about people who want to travel as light as possible, and we understand why. In fact, Flight Knight has written all about the benefits of a small suitcase, and sure, there is a time and a place for packing light. But secretly, many people on our team love the luxury and freedom of travelling with an extra-large suitcase.
If you’re heading to a particularly fashionable destination or on a long trip abroad, a large 4 wheel suitcases gives you the freedom and flexibility you need to pack and transport all of your belongings. We here at Flight Knight are particularly partial to travelling with a large hard shell suitcase – here’s why.
5 Reasons Why We Love Travelling with Extra-Large Suitcases
Here are just a few of the reasons why we adore travelling across the Channel and around the world with an extra-large suitcase.
1. You never have to worry about having the perfect outfit on hand – When you’re
travelling to a fashion capital like Milan, New York City, or Paris, you need to have the perfect outfit on hand at all times. If you have a large 4-wheel suitcase, you can pack shoes, jackets, and garments for any weather, any mood, and any event.
2. You’ll never have to pass up an amazing souvenir or piece of art – Have you ever been walking through a Spanish antiques market or a souk in Marrakech and seen something wonderful that you just have to have? If you are travelling with a small suitcase, even a spacious hard-shell cabin bag, you simply can’t buy all of the wonderful art and antiques that tickle your fancy. Go for a nice big bag and buy mementos and art to your heart’s content!
3. You can pack a ton of great gifts for your friends and family – If you are travelling home to your native country, there are probably countless gifts and supplies that you want to bring to your friends and family! Likewise, when you return back to the UK, you might want to pack your suitcase full of delicious treats and cupboard staples that you crave. Go for the large 4-wheel suitcase and fill your bag!
4. It’s better to have too much room than not enough – Most of the points above break down to one important point: not having enough room to pack what you want! An extra-large suitcase solves these problems and lets you pack what you want, when you want.
5. A lightweight large hard-shell suitcase doesn’t add any unnecessary weight – Old
school large suitcases add tons of weight to your baggage allowance. Go for a
lightweight hard-shell suitcase so you can pack what you wish without worrying about the weight of your bag.
What do you think – do you like travelling with a large suitcase, or do you prefer a small bag?